The RAs are inviting SEM industry representatives of participants or market participants who want to represent their own organisation to express interest in joining a new SEMO Focus Group to encourage an open and transparent approach to the performance and development of the SEM.
The RAs made a commitment within the SEMO Price Control Decision (SEM-21-073) to put in place a market participant focus group for the duration of the price control which end in September 2024 recognising that such stakeholder engagement should improve accountability and transparency as the SEM evolves.
The purpose of this SEMO Focus Group is to provide input into the following areas (more detail is provided in the attached Terms of Reference):
- SEMO Performance and SEMO Regulatory Reporting
- Capital Programme
- Known Issues as documented in the Known Issues Report
The Group will be chaired by an industry representative/market participant and will convene once or twice a year. The RAs are currently looking to February 2022 for the first meeting.
The RAs request that all Expressions of Interest are submitted by 17.00 on Friday 14 January 2022 to Karen Shiels (Karen.Shiels@uregni.gov.uk) and Conall Heussaff (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Organisation (and any other organisations you represent, as applicable)
- Name of nominated representative of your organisation
- Position/ role of nominated representative in organisation
- Contact details of nominated representative
- Up to 5-line summary of what skills and experience you could offer the SEMO Focus Group.