The Regulatory Authorities (RAs) today, 2 May 2018, publish the I-SEM CRM T-4 CY2022/23 Best New Entrant consultation.
This review of the Best New Entrant, in the first instance, relates to the first T-4 Capacity Auction for the Capacity Year 2022/23 for which the auction is due to take place in March 2019.
In summary this consultation paper includes the following:
- Consideration of possible Best New Entrant (BNE) reference plants;
- Capital Investment Costs and Annual Fixed Costs associated with possible reference plants;
- Review of the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) to apply to the Best New Entrant;
- Estimated Energy Market and System Services Revenues;
- Proposed BNE Net CONE for an OCGT and CCGT located in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The consultation paper consists of the following:
SEM-18-025 Consultation Paper: CRM T-4 Capacity Auction 2022/23 Best New Entrant Net Cost of New Entrant (BNE Net CONE)
SEM-18-025a Appendix A: Poyry Report: Cost of New Entrant Peaking Plant and Combined Cycle Plant in I-SEM